Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'M ALIVE

Now THAT'S a plot twist! But not really. I am safe and sound in the great country of Norway after a "leisurely" (read: LONG) layover in Amsterdam. I got in yesterday right in time for lunch and was basically a loner until dinner.
In terms of travel, my day wasn't particularly interesting or eventful; the whole day from about 8 AM in Amsterdam til about 4 PM in Oslo is deprivation-incurred blur of hopping on and off trains and lugging suitcases. I do remember not liking the train system.

I have my own SECRET WEAPON though, which I have already used extensively, I think. It is my very own cousin Peder, who was on this exact same program as me last year at this time. So he's taken a lot of the guess work out of it for me already, though I still managed to get on the wrong T Bane (their subway system; super easy to use unless you're cracked out and me). I did, however, make my way back and got to the school easy enough. It has its own stop on the subway system, so that's nice.

I am living at the very beautiful, very buttery yellow, Blindern Campus at the University of Oslo. It's a very nice campus with a lot of trees and a lot of sunshine. I'm staying in the West Wing. Yay, west!

Here are some picures.


View from my window


View from my window to the East Wing


View of the West Wing from the Main Office



View of pretty trees from the entrance.

I'll post more pictures later today; yesterday was rainy and gross so I didn't spend that much time outside.

My roommate also came later last night; her name's Simina and she's from Romania. Very cool. She's taken Norwegian before so she's one of the smarter sessions. She seems very nice, so I think we'll get along quite well.

And finally, here's me after being up for about 24 hours straight. I made it to 30 hours straight and then DIED.

2 comments: